Quite the Canary

Good morning, from your Sunshine.  Welcome to Sarah Says.  Today we will be contemplating Christ Consciousness.  So, put down the morning paper, grab a cup of coffee and let's get vibing.

Strangely enough, the darkness, the feel of this video reminds me of my dreams last night.  It was work, I was working things out, smoke and masks and no meet ups to speak of.  It was a heavy energy that I am happy to wake up and move on from.  I hope everything got settled that needed too.  I don't want to have to revisit that.  But you know I will if need be.  Life will make sure I get everything worked out.  I know.

But this video, although darkly lit, carries a bit brighter message, I mean Christ Consciousness, how bad can it be?  It's brilliant actually.  It's the light in the darkness.  It's the Way, the middle way.  It's balanced, the scales of justice in equilibrium in perpetuity.  It's elevating, the stairway to heaven illuminated.  It's calling us (like the blue canary in the light switch who watches over us while we make a little birdhouse in our soul?).  Maybe.  Are we listening?  I hope so.


I ask Jesus, Yeshua, to be present when I meditate.  He is.  And Mother Mary and Mary Magdalene and a whole host of other ancestors, soul family, galactic helpers, spirit animals, archangels...I have a lot of guides, so I've been told.  I believe it.  Loving him, Jesus, is not a religion, it is a path to Christ Consciousness.  Loving him is not coercion, it is a choice.  When I left my religion, he was the only one I trusted to be there for me, to guide me, and he did.  I am grateful.  And I love him, like a brother or an uncle, I don't worship him, he doesn't ask for that.  He doesn't want that.

I feel like, in the darkness of my dreams, I was surrounded by all of these lost and dying souls, starving for truth, trapped, starving for light, masked and fleeing.  Searching.  Lost.  Sheep in wolves clothing or at least a baby in a dog fur suit.  Weird.  Just weird, and dark.  Always so dark.  The shadow realm they call it in the Marvel movies, this feels like where I was last night.

But I woke up to a daily discovery that was better this morning, although, through and with discernment, I realize I can choose what I accept as my musical fate or not.  Do I want to Carry on My Wayward Son, (Kansas)?  I do know there will be peace when I am done.  Do I want A Beautiful Morning, (The Rascals)?  Sure, I'll take it.  Do I want to Let's Fall in Love for the Night, (FINNEAS)?  Well, I was hoping for something a little bit more than that. Do I want One Day Like This, (Elbow)?  Holy cow!  Well, maybe that's getting closer, but everyday can be a beautiful day.  Really beautiful. Why settle for just one.

Anyway, then it kind of goes to shit from there again until we get the quintessential wedding playlist song.  The one EVERYONE knows.  The kids even sing it from the rooftops, the mountain tops, from the top of their lungs. The song that closed the curtain at my nephew's wedding.  Drunk, happy, everyone crooning, and swaying and living and sucking the last moments out of that perfectly collectively, colloquial, beer and DJ in a barn, in a cornfield, in the middle of south-central Illinois.  It happens like this every wedding, I am sure, every wedding in a cornfield anyway.  It starts.  They run.  They scream.  And it begins...the journey.  Journey.  So here you go.  The final, final from the "what could be salvaged" of today's daily discovery...for you.  Sing!


Something about that bass does just get in your soul though.  I feel a tear.  Total disclosure: (Rest assured) ...I sang along!

 

Comments

Popular Posts