The Cazimi

Today was a Mercury Cazimi.  I didn't know it until the day was nearly over.  Was it truly auspicious? Did it help me?  Did it help you? 

I can't say, but what I can say is that I am very grateful to have made it to our destination safely.  I am thankful for the beautiful scenery I was able to see along the way.  I am happy to return to summer weather once again, if only for the weekend.

The house we are renting in North Vegas is lovely and comfortable.  After 1600 miles in the car and 3 nights of shared hotel rooms, I'm grateful that I now have a room of my own for 5 days.

And traveling through so many time zones has been exciting and getting to read for hours every day has been great, but now I am ready to crash.  It's all catching up to me I guess.

So this is a super short, super sweet good night post to keep my loyal followers updated.  For your faithfulness I would like to gift you with a link to the saving grace for my shared hotel room experience.

Throughout my life I've had a tendency to be a very light sleeper and in the past I was so uptight about getting good sleep that I fell into the habit of wearing all sorts of contraptions to help me rest well, including a sleeping mask and earplugs and other stuff that made the whole process of going to bed a comedy and made this sleeping beauty look absolutely hysterical.  

Somehow, by some small miracle, I have weaned myself off of all of the contraptions.  Now, I meditate and I sleep (I do still have about a thousand pillows surrounding me but that's a different story for a different day).

The only earplug like things I bought with me on this trip were my headphones.  The first night in our first hotel room in St. Charles, I was not super tired when it was time for lights out, but my travel companions were crashing after a long day in car and their first time change, so to be respectful, I turned off the lights so they could sleep and I put in my earbuds and put on some meditation ( I did a 30 minute chakra alignment first). 

I started to relax and I started to get tired, but I saw an all night healing tones video come up on my playlist and I decided to listen to it as I laid down to go to sleep. I ended up listening to it all night long as I was in and out of sleep, but I felt pretty well rested when I got up the next morning.

I ended up doing this each night as we traveled here and the last two nights I listened to these bowls, all night long.  Now tonight I am tired and although I might do a little bit of meditation and listen to some of these relaxing bowls, I don't think I'll be listening to them all night, not with my earbuds in anyway for sure.

And I am happy to report that I got a great start on reading Dracula today.  I passed the point where I had left off before and got to some less creepy parts, however, I don't trust that enough to pick it up as my bedtime reading.  That's where I thought I would start on A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf, but I am so tired I'm not sure how far I will get.  No worries though, there's always tomorrow night, and the next, and the next.  

And even though I am not sure if my day was auspiciously affected by the Mercury Cazimi or not, I think it was a wonderful day to be sure.  I hope yours was too.

Me - Ready for Bed - Contraptionless

Wishing you a peaceful sleep. Good night. XO XO 

Comments

Popular Posts