Bubblegum

I'm captivated.  I absolutely love thinking and swimming my way through these books.  My underwater wheels are spinning all over the place.  So many things make so much sense to me now.  It's a lot of fun. Huzzah!

I feel like a giddy schoolgirl (whatever that really means).  I feel like pink donuts and bobby socks.  Like chocolate malt and cherry cola.  I feel like I've just eaten 10 sticks of State Fair cotton candy.  How's that for bubblegum! (I did get back to having fruit for brunch this morning. Maybe that's got something to do with it.) I feel good!

And my reading list keeps growing.  I've never read The Prince (Machiavelli, you know) although he's on the list.  How ironic. We're driving to the airport to pick up my other sister-in-law and as I'm writing about my reading list I glance up and see...The Library, a place, well it's Vegas and it's a place I don't want to go again.  Let that be enough said.  

But then I glanced up and saw The Mirage and a huge lighted billboard for LOVE, A Beatles Tribute by Cirque de Solé.  Now that would be worth seeing, I think.

As I said, my reading list keeps growing and I am tickled to be able to sit and relax and read and learn and grow and I am very, very happy.  It's my bliss place when I find a good one, book that is.  Next is music, but Tidal has kinda been letting me down.  Maybe there's a different way. I'm game.  

And my art, I love immersing myself in that, but I'm not in a place to be doing that now.  I'm diving into that when I get back.  Everything in it's season.  And right now that season is reading and I am totally grateful.  Totally smitten.  Totally jazzed. That's what a good story can do.

And writing.  Now is a season of writing, and while I may be no Stoker, or James, or Woolf, my blogging is like an extension to my reading in a most important way.  

My blogging is truly an augmentation of everything in my life that makes me happy, and hopeful and healed.  Hence, the metaphoric bubblegum, I guess.  It's sweet... yeah that's enough descriptors.  It's sweet.  Very sweet.


"... and it soothes me to express myself here; it is like whispering to one's self and listening at the same time." - Mina Murray 's Journal, Dracula 


Comments

Popular Posts