One More Day

I consider myself to be pretty easy going, particularly in the travel department.  Granted, when staying in hotels I like the rooms to be clean, no bedbugs.  Nice towels and newer bathrooms are a plus.  

When eating on the road I try to keep it healthy and like to choose restaurants that offer higher quality food, definitely no fast food, I haven't done that in a while. 

But when things don't quite go the way I want, when the choices are slim, I can usually adapt without complaint (much).  I can usually be grateful for whatever situation I find myself in.  Usually, just chalking it all up as an experience.


Today we made it through Colorado.  My very first time.  It was beautiful, the mountains and rivers and such, yet somehow it was less than I expected.  Maybe that's because I have gotten so used to the mountains out east.  I just thought that the Rockies were supposed to be so much bigger.  Maybe we just didn't drive through the biggest part.  I thought I would feel much smaller.

They were still very pretty and all of the pictures I tried to take from the car window, certainly don't do them justice.  And of course, to really explore their majestic beauty, you have to get off the interstate, get on some back roads and get out of the car.  You have to experience them.

And this wasn't that kind of trip.  This is the drive to get from Illinois to Las Vegas.  I hope someday I can come back and make that kind of trip and immerse myself in the natural beauty of Colorado.  I can climb another mountain. Maybe I can even finally learn how to ski. 


Today I am grateful to have seen all that I was able to see.  I'm grateful for the sunshine and clear weather.  I'm grateful for being chauffeured, allowing me to read all day! Yes, I finished the sequel, The Twelve  Days of Dash and Lily.  It was sweet and pretty good.  Definitely worth the read today.  Inspiring, I might even say.

But tonight we're in Utah.  Tonight I am tired.  We're all getting tired I think and some are getting crabby too.  But I'm not complaining.  I'm staying in my bubble.  I'm staying chill.  Hope we all get a good sleep though.  

And tomorrow it's Vegas.  Luck be a Lady, even though I don't gamble.  See you then.

Lights out now.  Good night. XO XO 




Comments

Popular Posts