Duck Cake

Boy is it good to be alive!  Nevada City, CA.  It's chilly here, but no snow here after all.  But enough about the weather.

Nevada City is an old mining town.  It has a quaint, eclectic, artsy, historic feel.  I like it, I think.  We explored downtown a little bit today on our way to pick up some really delicious wood fired pizza for dinner.  There was a protest on the bridge into town.  On one side was supporters of Israel, on the other side supporters of Palestine.  Everyone seemed peaceful, just exercising their right to assemble, I guess. But enough small talk.

What is the best way to raise a child?  Are they to be seen but not heard?  Are they to be treated as friends? Are they to be included in adult conversations, sometimes?  How many rules do you have for them? How much freedom do you grant them?  How much control do you wield over them?  How much does parenting determine the outcome of the personality and success of the child?  It takes a lot.  A lot of work.

My day was spent with family.  Talking, eating, walking.  Watching a young couple face the every day challenges of parenting.  It's tough.  These kids are GOOD kids.  They are so very well behaved, and I am not being the least bit sarcastic about this.  Their kids are a pleasure to be around.

AND, I got to watch my first episode of Bluey today.  Yay! It made me cry.  I'm not sure why, but I just couldn't stop the tears from coming.  It was so sweet.  It was so unselfish.  That's what true love is, unselfish.  Naturally unselfish, and when we do those good things for others, it opens our hearts, it makes us feel good.  I'm sharing it with you.

I no longer have a room of my own.  I'm sleeping in the living room now, next to the kitchen, and with kids and working parents waking up quite early in the morning (5:30), I am making this post very short and sweet.  It's the least I can do to be true.

The up side is 5:30 PST is really 8:30 EST (my time) AND, I'm really close to the coffee in the morning!  Yes, it's good to be alive!!

Goodnight XO XO 

Comments

Popular Posts