A Tale of Two Hippies

I'm intrigued. So much so that I want to get a head start on today's post.  It started last night when I chose to get back into Once Upon a Time in Hollywood for my bedtime reading.

You might remember that I wrote some stuff about this book a few months ago.  I watched the movie also, but in all of my other travels I was not really into picking up the book and reading it.  It's not super enlightening in a feel good way, but it is VERY informative, if even only half of the storyline is real, or at least based on reality. 

Creepy when Charles Manson is a primary character.  And that's the chapter that I started with last night, for my bedtime reading. Ha! Of course there was some backstory, Charlie and his hippy cult, the girls he lent out to the music crowd, their worship of Charlie (for a while anyway) and the lack of gratitude, dare I say lack of love that emanated from his gang of holy hooligans and him too.  Probably not surprising, but what I did not realize was that Charlie really wanted to be a musician.  And I guess he had some talent.

What this all got me thinking about is how so many people of that generation were just SEEKING.  They were looking for something, a high, an escape, or maybe really something else, something more.  And there is a danger in hitching yourself to someone else's wagon when you are a seeker, especially if that wagon belongs to Charlie Manson.  Oops!

This all made me think of another movie I watched on Netflix a few nights ago, The Jesus Revolution.  The story of another hippie and his similar quest in 1967's California.  His story took a different path, perhaps a better path, but still prone to going sideways.  You have got to be the master of your own wagon, but through the story of Lonnie Frisbee, you learn to understand that you don't have to drive it alone.


Here's the thing, to put a spin on the Cheryl Bigfoot quote, "Jesus is real, y'all".  And the story of Lonnie and the love he encountered, the tale of his magnetism and miracle working, well, that stuff can really happen.  It's a matter of the heart.  To put it in more esoteric terms, it's a matter of the heart chakra opening.  It's a matter of filling that heart space with love or rather, opening the vessel of the heart and allowing it to BE filled with love.  The love of Jesus.  The love of Christ.

I know it sounds hokey.  But there is a reality and a truth to it and Jesus was right and he is still right and he is still right here, if you want him around.  Like, he's in another dimension, and I don't know what kind of clothes he wears, but back at home I have a picture of him, walking through the Sinai dessert with a couple of other robed and holy looking beings.  A woman claimed that this image appeared in the pictures she had taken on her camera during a bus tour trip through the desert.  Maybe it's just a holy hoax, but after seeing our own images of orbs and other anomalies appearing, it's plausible to me that this image could be real too.  Why was I talking about this again? Oh yeah, because Jesus is real, and real now.

But here's the other thing.  Jesus wants to help.  There are sort of alchemical, mystical things that do happen, like when you "ask Jesus to come into your heart", and when you get baptized and when you partake in communion.  I've experienced the power and the benefits of all of them, so much so, I probably take them all for granted.  If you haven't done these things, if you have not experienced them, life can be so much more difficult, especially during depressing days, healing days.  Especially during dark nights of the soul.

Even if you have not experienced them, it doesn't mean you are damned. It doesn't mean you and your life are hopeless, like the Christians would like you to believe.  It doesn't even mean that you can't "do it" on your own, finding peace and purpose and happiness.  It just means it might feel a little bit harder.  You might just feel a little bit more alone.

And with Jesus there is protection, from darkness and the demonic, something I dare say Charles Manson probably didn't have, or he rejected it or sold it for his soul or something.  For me there was even protection from the insanity of the church, the dark side of Christianity, something that I think a lot of people are going to have to face pretty soon. That so called "come to Jesus moment".  

And lastly before I exit this rant, Jesus, the Yeshua Ben Joseph that will graciously communicate with me through the tarot (so ironic since tarot is an occult tool of the devil according to many a minister), Jesus that I feel as a warm and loving resonance in my heart chakra when I meditate, this Jesus doesn't want me to feel shame.  He doesn't want me to feel guilty or unworthy in any way.  He doesn't want to be worshipped.

This Jesus wants me to feel whole and healed and alive.  And the other night, I was sad and feeling pretty alone and I was thinking about you and do you ever feel alone?  And I let my sadness and worry go to Jesus.  I released it.  I let him take it.  And he did.  My heavy heart lightened.  My dense limbs lifted.  

And it occurred to me that maybe you have never thought about talking to Jesus.  It doesn't surprise me.  It doesn't offend me.  And OMG this is probably really going to sound hokey, but it is true, I will never lie to you... laying in bed that night, I knew Jesus wanted me to let you know that you are not alone and he will take your heaviness too, if you want.  You don't have to do anything alone.  You are not alone.  That's all. I'm not proselytizing here, lest you misunderstand.  I'm just relaying a message, got it?  Fuck yeah! 

So lastly for this post, since we're back in the 60's and all, I have another picture at home.  I stumbled upon it a couple of years ago when the twin flame curiosity took hold of me again, when I began to think that my twin flame was him, was you, I think.  And I started wondering if we, you and I, ever had any past lives together.  

I'm particularly drawn to this era, the music, the fashions and the icons of the time.  And this era came on the heels of the beat generation, you know, and from what Jack Kerouac says, a hippie and a beatnik well, never the twain shall coexist. Not in his mind anyway but he didn't last much longer anyway.  Maybe other beatniks were more inclusive of the dirty hippies.

Anyway, I have this picture that I found and it kind of reminds me of me and you.  It intrigued me so much that I printed it out.  I have not looked at it in a while but I have a very visual brain so I can see it in my minds eye, just like I see you sometimes when I meditate. 

Surrounded by people we stand, me this loved out little hippie chick, barefoot of course, gazing up longingly, lovingly at the Beatnik guy, big hair, huarache sandals and a zipper sweater, very scholarly looking, with hands in his pocket and looking over my head (I think) but definitely leaning in (I think).  

Mind you, the guy is shorter, maybe the height of Brad Pitt, similar rugged good looks and Blondish hair, lots of big hair.  (Maybe I've been misguided all along and it's really Brad Pitt that's my twin flame 😂.  If I recall, you two were university brothers.  Maybe I got mixed up on my brother's! Stranger things). But the guy in the picture has an essence of you, and Brad Pitt, I mean you are really beautiful, both of you but I digress.

And the girl, well, she has my round nose, almond eyes and thick ankles.  Her little feet resemble mine too, but what perplexes me is how our souls could do it, timing wise I mean.  Could we be incarnate in the 60's and be existing as adults in this time, in this here and now?  However, being that I don't REALLY know how all of this stuff works, if it works, and if you throw in multiple timelines, well then heck, I suppose anything is possible!

Listening to the 60's music station on XM radio today.  Coincidentally heard this song while I was wrapping up. Hope you enjoy!! 

And no, I'm not on drugs, as cooky as this whole post might have seemed to you.  Just channeling a little bit of that hippie spirit I guess.  But enough for today.  I want to get back to my reading.

In the hippie spirit, sending you much peace and love!! ☮️✌️

See you tomorrow! 

Comments

Popular Posts