One Day

This is a simple post for an ordinary day, but what a lovely day.  A trip to downtown Nevada City this morning, walking up the main street and getting hot chocolate.  Mexican chocolate.  Unexpectedly spicy, although it was made with chili peppers, (what was I expecting?) but delicious.  I like spicy.



Walking around town was a really joyful experience for me.  Maybe it's the altitude, maybe it's the moon, but I just feel a lot of good energy here.  Clean.  Clear.

Our first stop of the day, before the hot chocolate, was the cheese shop.  We were able to sample a variety of cheeses and I swear, this was the most delicious cheese I have ever tasted. You may think this is hyperbole.  You may think I am being dramatic, but I'm telling you, this was the best cheese I have ever tasted.  "Where have you been all my life," I said to the girl behind the counter.  Maybe it's the altitude. Maybe it's the moon.  I was giddy.  I was feeling good.


This afternoon I got to do a simple something that I loved to do a few years ago when my son was still in school.  I got to watch lacrosse practice.  Today it was my nephew's.  

Lacrosse is a game I love to watch.  It makes me happy.  I loved watching my son play, back in the day.  Middie.  Goalie.  D-pole.  He played them all. It was exciting.  It gave me purpose, loving him.  Supporting him. It brought me hours and hours of joy.  I miss it. 

Simple things.  I truly appreciate the simple things.  And the elegant cheeses.  And the delectable chocolate.  And history and architecture and nature and art.  Today I had it all.  Maybe it's the altitude, maybe it's the moon.  It was a good day.

And this evening, a little family, a little reading and a little wine.  Good night.  XO XO

Tomorrow is predicted to be another good day.




 

Comments

Popular Posts