Again with the Expectations

We're sitting in the Sierra mountains, traffic backed up for miles, not on the Donner Pass...we missed the exit.  It's snowing.  First snow of the season I am guessing.  It's beautiful really, never mind the fact that it's slowing us down.

The trucks have actually put the chains on their tires.  First time in my life that I have seen that.  These are REAL mountains baby!

I took about 50 pictures of mountains today, none of which actually show the real beauty of the mountains, but I tried.

And because I was spending so much time taking pictures (and eating fruit), I didn't get finished with Dracula today after all.  No big deal.  I can roll with that.  I have only a few more chapters left, but who knows when I will actually get it done. 

Please don't hold your breath on all that Van Helsing analysis. This trip is about living in the moment and capturing the energy and vitality and the love in that moment. I hope you can appreciate that. It's just how I really roll.  I am nothing if not flexible.  Expectations be damned.

I'll be with family, having a good time, a fun time here, I expect.  Maybe I'll even be building snowmen and playing in the snow, like they do in all the Hallmark movies when it snows.  Good thing I bought that big fluffy sweater at the thrift store the other day!

But we've got to get there first.  I expect that we will, safely, maybe just a little bit later than originally expected.

The darkness is setting in and the trees with the snow settling on the branches become as one. It is a gorgeous scene.  Even surrounded by traffic, the way the presence of the trees seem to envelope my senses, I feel alone and happy in my own little world right now.  But that's not all I feel.  I can't describe the real way it makes me feel.  Not with words.

The Best I Could Do 

I can't capture it in a picture either, not the picture that I want, not with my camera, because of the stupid auto night vision the appears to be always automatically on whether I want it to or not.  That's why I can't take pictures of the orbs at ECETI either. I don't know but I expect that I should be able to change the settings on my camera if I want.

To continue with my THEME of expectations, I will leave you this video about expectations...


And share a little song about expectations that I just heard on the radio...

And I will say good bye and I send my love to you in the event that this is my last day on this earth.  The roads are treacherous and dark and foggy and well, I don't expect it but it possible that we might not make it.  I think we just about went over 

2 HOURS LATER 

Ok, so we made it safely.  Thankfully.  But we WERE on the wrong side of the road and if my brother-in-law who was driving hadn't have stopped when he did, we WOULD have gone over the edge of the mountain.  YES.  It was dark so I have no idea how far down it was.  But thankfully... well just grateful we got here.  And I did lose signal all the way here, but I found it again so ALL IS WELL.

I am having wine tonight, thank you.  I expect that I will enjoy it!


Comments

Popular Posts