Leaving Las Vegas

We came. We saw. We survived.  We never did make it to The Strip.  But I guess I got to see a different side of Vegas.  And this morning we're back on our way. Leaving these majestic mountains behind. (I tried to take a picture but it doesn't do them justice.) 

(I love the way the sunlight rests on these mountains in the morning.  Beautiful!)

Actually driving through mountains most of the day I'm sure.  Heading to California.  Much closer than getting back to NC will be, but still a full days drive. 

I didn't really get to do anything "Vegasy" while I was here.  I would have liked to have gone down to The Strip if only to look around.  I haven't been there since before 1998, so I know that it all would have been a lot different.  More and more dazzle, lights and distraction I am sure, but Energy! Creativity! Wonder!  Something to see at every turn.  Maybe next time.

And regarding the seedier side of Vegas, which is really mostly what Vegas and The Strip is now (and really ever has been, right?), well, according to my sister-in-law's therapist, because of her review, and for the greater good, we decided not to take a trip down there yesterday to just look around.

Let me just be clear for the record; it's not a puritanical, prudish thing I have against the vices, it's an energetic thing.  It's all about the light.  I went to a Vegas thrift store while we were here and found a few very "Vegasy" outfits.  I bought them.  I'm not sure where the heck I'm going to wear them but for $6 I couldn't pass them up.

And anyway, Jesus hung out with prostitutes and the downtrodden, according to the accounts of the Bible.  I don't judge anyone and I don't want to play police with people's free will.  I just have to be discerning, for myself.  I just have to "protect" my energy.  But, I also have to be me.

Hanging out with a group of complainers can bring a person down just as much or worse than "living life" in an open and expansive way.  Hence my need for a little energy bubble around me yesterday.  Hence my little NOT rant. (I did NOT show them my really "Vegasy" outfit.)

I feel judged sometimes, just for being me, if not to my face, then definitely behind my back.  It's just a little test I have to get through, I think.  I'm being challenged, by the universe right now, I believe.  This is my chance to unapologetically "do me".  Any judgement thrown my way is really just "projection" it seems.  Or jealousy?  I won't apologize for being 15 years younger and healthier.  Fifteen years ago we seemed more like equals.  The last few years that has definitely changed.

I'm being prepped for things to come, I believe.  Things that are going to take a shitload of courage.  Things that are going to make people pissed and confused.  I knew this was an important trip.  I trust everything.  That's why I decided to take it.

And today is another driving day.  After a weekend full of people (even though I love them), I am happy to be tucked away again in the back seat with my fruit snacks and my books.  I'll probably finish Dracula.  I'll see if I have any thoughts to share this evening.  It was difficult to find time to reflect on my reading with all the wedding activities, but I have been really moved from time to time as I was reading, and I hope I can impart a little bit of that energy to you here.

We get to travel through the Donner Pass this evening. Another place where legends are strong.  That is a story that will probably live on forever as will the pages of this blog probably, somewhere in cyberspace in perpetuity.  How romantic is that?!

Gotta go before I lose signal.  Gotta get reading!

Have a super good day! XO XO 


Very unoriginal, I know, but for you anyway. 🌞

Comments

Popular Posts