High Hopes

 Well we're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy, but at this point you still can't really tell. The good news is that I finished that trashy novel.  It was just too much for my tender, sensitive soul, but my brave goddess self slogged on and made it through relatively unscathed, but I really need to start something new to get that slime out of my brain.  It's disturbing to think that this was the energy underneath all of the TV I watched so religiously growing up.  That could explain so many things.

So today I am starting a new book.  It's the wrong book, but I am going to see if it can help me accomplish what I think I want to do.  It's the sequel to the book I wanted to bring along to read, but I guess I grabbed the wrong one. Everything for a reason?  Yeah, maybe the reason is that I grabbed the wrong book! Occam's Razor.  Maybe the simplest answer is the best answer.

I meant to grab Dash & Lily's Book of Dares...
This is the Sequel

What I'm wanting to do isn't complicated, but it does take a certain amount of planning, a huge amount of creativity and a commitment to the implementation, definitely.  And I really don't have any of it figured out yet.

The idea I have is reminiscent of the Dash and Lily holiday Netflix series I watched last winter.  Yes, I realize it is a teenybopper show but it was so terrifically clever, so darned cute and so much flipping fun! I really enjoyed binge watching it the week before Christmas.  

My idea involves doing something terrifically clever, something so darned cute, something so flipping fun in a 12 days of Christmas, follow the clues, do the dares, Dash & Lily meets where's Waldo, meets Flat Stanley sort of thing on my Instagram with my new holiday artwork sometime closer to Christmas.

And in my mind part of that adventure was to begin on this trip.  I brought my artwork along and I have snapped a few pictures along the way but something is missing. The chemistry is not there.  It's not here.  

These snapshots are as one dimensional as Flat Stanley.  They are boring. They are absolutely no fun.  So, I'm going to do some digging today and see if I can figure something out.  

And I am going to be on this trip a long time, so maybe my muses will show up somewhere along the way.  Here's hoping, otherwise I'll just end up scrapping the whole idea.  But even if that does end up happening, I still feel like it will have been time well spent.  Even if I only feel like my artwork is interesting and inspiring in my mind.  

The problem is that I have to get it out there, my artwork, you know, sometime, somehow, even if it doesn't live up to my expectations.  Even if it is in an ordinary, rote, monotonous, boring old regular way.  I have to do it.

And my website still isn't finished yet.  I ran into some snafu's there.  What's a girl to do?  Trust, be patient and trust in the wisdom of the Universe, I guess.  And keep setting my sites high and hopeful, enjoying the journey and putting in all the work I need to along the way!! I'm hoping it will be online next week.

So, here I am for now.  Abandoned farms dot the landscape.  Still looks a lot like Kansas.  But I'm doing it!  I can see the mountains on the horizon now.  Far off in the horizon.  Clear skies.  Fresh air.  It's a beautiful day for some creativity!  It's a beautiful day for life.  Let's do this!

Comments

Popular Posts