The Weirdos

 Who wants to be unapologetically happy?  Me? Me. I see people around me struggling.  Smiling, humor, laughter, joy...where can I find it?  Is there anyone out there that shares the same frequency as me?  Anyone?  Or are they all addicted to the rush of rejecting things that make them happy?  

I feel guilty for trying to live in happiness when I'm bursting someone else's malaise.  I feel bad for feeling joy within me when someone else seems to be repulsed instead of inspired by it.  So, I retreat.  I come down.  Or I say screw it and go into my little bubble of euphoria without them.  Alone for the moment, with myself and my fantasies of something really beautiful, something really bliss. I ascend.

Many years ago, I woke up with 2 words on my lips.  Pythagoras and Prometheus. I wasn't sure what they meant, but I still think about them to this day, some 19 years later.  I haven't really given much thought to the trickster, Prometheus, but I often contemplate the meaning of Pythagoras. 

(192) Coldplay - Music Of The Spheres - (Full Album) - YouTube

I'm not sure how I started thinking about The Music of the Spheres today, but here I am.  Thinking a bit about Pythagoras, but mostly about Cold Play and their incredible album, Music of the Spheres.  This album served as a different form of meditation for me back in 2021 when our Salt Room was a newly opened business, full of potential and possibility.  I would stay after work and listen to this album in the sauna and end up with a session in the salt room, alone, alive and free. Just myself and my dreams and all the possibilities that the "Universe" had to offer.  In my mind, they were many.

Maybe it was The Guardians of the Galaxy that brought me here, or maybe it is the "Magical Opportunity" that keeps appearing for me in all the random tarot readings that keep popping up in my YouTube feed. Or maybe it's my hopefulness, my little bit of happiness, juxtaposed by the uneasiness, the uncertainty sitting across from me at coffee this morning, again.  I'm trying to be patient, really, but at what cost?

I stumbled upon a quote from Pythagoras that says, "The art of living happily is to live in the present."  Well, that's easy to do when the energy surrounding you is positive, which does happen occasionally, even often, perhaps.  But in those periods when the energy around you is so tough, so impenetrable, so heavy with broken dreams that it begins to cave in on itself, it's hard for me to stay joyful.  It's hard for me to stay hopeful. I guess, as an empath, I have learned to feel guilty about feeling positive things for myself in times such as these.  Hmm.

I begin to wonder if I am not in some ways just sabotaging my own happiness by doing this empathetic thing.  Is it a form of my own self-destruct mode?  Am I fooling myself in thinking that I just "want to be happy"?  Am I as guilty as what I project upon everyone else for being addicted to the rush of rejecting things that make me happy?  So close, but never quite there.

I've been thinking about creativity again today as well.  I really think that creativity means taking the risks.  Creativity means an open mind.  It means an open heart.  For me it means believing that all things are possible, even if you end up looking like a weirdo in the process of creating. It means hoping.  Damn it!

As I listened to the Music of the Spheres album again today, I was reminded of how meditative and mesmerizing the visuals of the Coldplay videos are.  I'm taken back, lifted up into that energy of bliss and joy...and happiness again, just listening to these songs. I think of what else is out there.  I think of what waits for me. More.  There is something more. And I will find it.

And if that's not weird enough, we are going to an Inner Galactic retreat at ECETI Ranch in mid-July.  According to the instigator, MJ (love to her), this July is a super HUGE, super ENERGETIC month.  All this music, all these spheres are moving and shifting, and some super weird shit could be coming down the pipeline.  Be ready!

AS YOU WISH TALK RADIO with INNER GALACTIC (rumble.com)

What will I find there?  I have no idea.  Maybe I will see a spaceship.  Maybe I will encounter an interdimensional being.  Maybe I will find myself.  Or maybe a bit of all of the above.  But hopefully, if nothing else, I will find some rest.  I will have a retreat. 

Hopefully, the idea is that the energies around me will be positive and peaceful, and I can surrender to my higher self.   I can leave behind the worries and troubles of the farm and life as we know it.  I can escape...for 3 days and 4 nights.  

So come along if you wish, if it makes you happy (it can't be that bad, you know, Sheryl Crow?).  Be the weirdo too.  It might just change your life forever. Here's hoping!  

Comments

Popular Posts