OMG! It's Coming!

 Is WWIII starting?  Is the world ending? Are aliens going to land on the White House lawn this 4th of July?  Heck if I know, but I do know that my next YouTube video could potentially be the most ridiculous video that I have put out yet...if I let it.  It's all in the editing baby.  Know what I mean?  I decide what you see, what you get.  How much am I willing to risk?  What am I brave enough to let you see?  What if I decide, "Nah, you don't"?  So, well, we'll see.

I'm having fun making these videos, even though I am still trying to figure out exactly why I am making them.  But I think I'm coming closer to knowing.  I make them for that one person that watches them.  I write my blog for that one person that reads.  If I can touch one life, then that is enough. So, I continue.  I keep on.  And of course, I love creating something new.

And in the meantime, I become a little bit more relaxed about who I am.  I become a little bit more accepting of my flaws.  I become a little bit more courageous to share that who I am with the world, one person in the world, for as long as they keep reading.  For as long as they keep watching.

And what I am realizing is that it's important, it's imperative, that I learn to take myself less seriously. Without becoming less introspective, I can learn to be lighter.  Without giving up on my desire to know what this whole thing, this life, means, I can learn to relax and laugh.  I can learn to find more meaning in just being who I am. Maybe we could all take ourselves less seriously. Maybe we could all learn to relax and laugh, without giving up on our philosophical dreams. My furrowed brow says, "Yes, please!" Maybe we can all find enough meaning in becoming more fully who we are, even if we never know it all.

So, I would like to pay a little tribute to the girls who said it so eloquently in a song.  The Indigo Girls.  Love them.  Have loved them for a while.  They have been great companions on many a long road trip.  Thank you, Girls!  Here you go reader!

(196) Indigo Girls - Closer to Fine (Official Video) - YouTube


Comments

Popular Posts