Life as Mythopoetic Art and Alchemy

What in the world am I doing here?  Just trying to figure it all out...in front of this "world."

Expression - not commoditization.  This has always been at the core of my artistic endeavors.  The urge to make money from my creativity causes me to question.  What do people want to buy?  This question tempts me to forego doing what I feel inspired to do in order to produce something marketable.  But that is not my uniqueness.  That is not my soul.  So why am I doing anything here? What am I doing here?

Honestly, I don't know.  I am just being "called" to show up and do this work.  I'm being urged to keep going, to keep seeking, to keep trying.  That's all.  Or perhaps my mythopoetic kitschy visual artforms are just the piece of bread that someone needs.  So, I must share. No matter how scared I am...to show myself.  Really, it's not about me.  Although it is my life.


Icon - by Ronda - 2"x3" Paper Collage on Canvas


It seems to me that am not an expert at or on anything.  But I am interested in almost everything, to a fault and maybe, just maybe, I can give a tiny piece of inspirational bread that can encourage someone to grow. Maybe I can inspire someone who's living in fear to take a risk.  Maybe I can inspire just one person who feels stuck in the monotony of their everyday life to change their story.  Change your story, change your life they say.  At the least, maybe I can make someone smile. Inspiration lives IN SPIRIT. Creativity lives in Love.

Watch Psychological Alchemy & Sacred Creativity - Here is a link to a great conversation that I stumbled across on YouTube this morning.  I found it supremely interesting.  Check it out if you have some extra time. Then go out and create something!


Comments

Popular Posts