Meditating with Goats - Harder than I Thought

 Who out there likes to bite off more than they can chew?  Well, welcome to my tribe.

Has it ever happened to you that you say that you are "going to do X," and almost immediately, the Universe or Life or God or The Big Dog or whatever you want to call it says, "Oh yeah?  Are you sure about that?"

That's exactly how I am feeling after posting my first Coffee and Consciousness video on YouTube last week.  I feel like all of my animals, cats, goats, chickens, ducks, dogs...are conspiring with this Universe to get me to fail.  Or, that I just set myself up to fail.  Or just simply, there is no way I am going to be able to make this work. By "this" I mean, animal telepathy, specifically, but I am not 100% sure that I can keep an interesting and engaging consciousness conversation going all by myself.



This is a noble idea, but is it realistic for me? Make this work? That is not the task at hand.  I'm looking at this all wrong.  Really, honestly, all I am setting out to do is give this a try.  I saw a lady's book. I wondered if I could duplicate her work with animals.  It's not about goals.  It's not about achievement for achievement's sake.  It's about the journey.  It's about growth.  My growth...and the dog's and the cat's and the chicken's.  I'm not even going to try with the ducks.  Not yet.

It's about me quieting my mind.  It's about me spending quality time with my goats...and my dogs and my chickens and my cats.  It's about me connecting to the life that is around me in a meaningful way.  What creature great or small does not benefit from connecting in a meaningful way?

So, we'll see how this all turns out.  We'll see how the animals respond.  My consciousness will be deepened, and my mind sharpened just by doing the work.  That is a winning proposition and if I enjoy the journey, never mind the destination.  Or even if I don't (enjoy the journey), if I truly experience it, I will be a stronger, braver, more disciplined person, and my animals, hopefully, will be very much the same. 

So it is. (Translation: Let's do this!)




Comments

Popular Posts