Flipping the Script


"Infuse joy.  Flip the script.  Enjoy the process.  You don't need to fix everything at once." - Robin Conley Downs 


Honestly, I have no idea who Robin Conley Downs is.  I suppose I could take a minute to Google it, but I'm assuming that would just lead me down another rabbit hole.  

I've been down a lot of rabbit holes throughout the past ten years.  I don't need another hole today.   Right now, I just need some inspiration.  Someday, I just want the truth.

The truth is, fixing this world is not my job.  I am here to love and teach others how to love.  That's it.  That's really why I am contributing to this blog.  

I am not a conspiracy pundit.  I don't feel the need to school the public on the secret history of the universe.  In fact, I feel like I need to take a bath every time I veer down that path.

I'm here to bring a bit of sunshine onto this platform.  I'm here to help raise the energy of any given situation to the best and highest good for all involved.  I'm here to encourage others to forgive themselves and love themselves and to live their best lives.

It's just that all of this rainbow and sunshine stuff feels so empty within my soul when I am looking at someone who has just watched their loved ones, their homes and their entire lives float down a ravaging river, just 3 hours from my own backyard.

It's probably a bit of survivor guilt.  It's feeling helpless to rescue a drowning man or rebuild a city or redirect a storm.  It's my unhealed shadow trying to find the light.  But I am not here to give you a Psychology lesson either.  I'm just here to love you and to help you learn how to love.

I'm here to learn how to love myself.  I'm here to heal my body, my mind and my soul.  I'm here to connect with my guides and my higher spiritual self.  I am here to connect with you.  

I am here to ascend, but I am not here to give you a metaphysical lecture.  I can teach you, but only by example, not by empty rhetoric.


I'm reminded to take a step back.  I'm remembering to be gentle with my self.  I'm grateful that I have an opportunity to retreat next week.

I'll be traveling to Sedona, a highly spiritually focused city, surrounded by energetic vortexes and stunning natural beauty.  I don't know exactly how everything will unfold while I am there, but I am certain that it will be beautiful.  

I know that I am ready to calm the storm of sadness that overtook me when Asheville was demolished.  I am ready to release more fears and to heal more karmic hurts.  I'm ready to let it all go.

I believe that the craziness and sadness, the destruction and the chaos we have seen this month are not the end of the story.  If you listen to the message above, you may understand that things may look and become much, much worse.  

My goal is then to stay outside of the chaos.  My hope is to stay centered, safely within the eye of the raging storm, where it is still, where it is quiet and peaceful, where it is calm.  

My mission is to flip the script, if only in my own heart and if only in my own soul, for me, for you and for the world I know.  

As always, sending much, much love.

Comments

Popular Posts