Goals, Balance, Commitment and Taking Time to Smell the Croci?

Margeaux and our first crocuses of the season
Yesterday, our first crocuses of the season (or some might call them croci, according to the internet either term is correct) popped up to welcome us into a joyous, love filled Valentine's Day. I grabbed my phone to capture their beauty and to have a photo to post on my blog.  Then Margeaux ran up and stepped on them, luckily not crushing them too much. So, after some fluffing of the croci, Margeaux laid down and I was able to get this picture.  Yay!  Right?  Of course.

But then, my Samsung decided that it didn't want to allow me to import any of the pictures or videos that I had taken on my phone that morning onto my computer.  Samsung or Microsoft or somebody, decided to challenge me. I'm not sure who, but I had to work hard (actually my husband did the work) to get this picture to share with you today.

So I set to work getting my goals typed up so that I could post them as well.  But I am, not really an overachiever but, a very high goal setter.  And I have a lot, a lot of goals, and  I'm not a super fast, super accurate wpm typer, and well, I only got one category of goals typed up and ready to post for you (because I did make a promise to share my goals with you on Valentine's Day and I want to stay true to my word).  

But it was Valentine's Day and my husband so sweetly and kindly made reservations at a posh Greensboro restaurant and I had to get ready to go, but first I had to head downtown to the Cultural Arts Center for a meeting and squeeze in a visit to the Symphony office to get new tickets for the concerts I subscribed to earlier in the year because I think I must have thrown away the tickets that they would have mailed out to me months ago. Breathe...

Then I swung by Earthfare to pick up yogurt culture and Bulgarian yogurt and milk because my husband so devotedly makes homemade yogurt and his culture seems to be getting too sour and of course it's Valentine's Day so I need to pick up some goodies for my honeys waiting for me at home and it really was one of the quickest trips into Earthfare that I have ever made in my entire life and it was wonderful!

Got home in time to share a beer before heading to the restaurant for our 7:30 reservation.  Gave hugs and goodies and spent time with Sam and left hand in hand with my Chris Love for our dinner date.

Arrived at the parking lot, a VERY full parking lot.  A space please?  Yes, here is one for you after I finish kissing my beautiful date goodnight...Oops, didn't know you were watching, waiting...Thank you very much sir!  But wow, so many cars.  Walked to the door.  Open. Walk in.  SO MANY PEOPLE...but we have 7:30 reservations (it's only 7:25), no problem, right?  HA, HA!  Finally, after some wine and discussion and watching couples get seated at an alarmingly slow rate, except for a few young posh looking couples that arrived after us that somehow got seated before us, which caused a little bit of a heated lecture to occur with the hostess and my hubby and another sulking woman's husband (I was just smiling, I figured it was a spiritual test of some kind), at 8:45 PM Chris and I we are seated. It was nearly 10 PM before we received our third course entree' (which came out before our second course appetizer that was supposed to follow our postage stamp size first course) and it was delicious and we were so hungry and I know everyone was doing the best that they could to give us good service by that point and we got our dessert for free and it was also DELICIOUS and we left the restaurant LAUGHING and by the time we got home near 11PM I was exhausted and happy and I did not finish posting my goals to you, my dedicated readers, on Valentines Day.

But here they are. My goals!  Happy Day!  One day late, but better late than never, right?  Still only one page of My 2018 Art Goals.  Probably enough for anyone to digest in one sitting anyway.

I did not get my other goals typed up today, but I did get into my art studio for a good 4 hours and I started a new collage of Frederick Douglas.  Pictures are below.  You can follow my progress as I continue working.  I am hoping to get him completed before the end of February.  Send me good vibes please!

The work in progress!
And tomorrow, it's off to Maryland to visit my Purple Cow!  So goodnight for now!

Ronda



Comments

Popular Posts