Weekend Love You

 "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" — Oscar Wilde

I'm so excited! We're heading to Boston this weekend to visit family and we have a lot of great things planned: walking the Freedom Trail, touring a radar facility, touring the Boston Public Library, maybe the Museum of Fine Arts and taking a trip to the top of the Boston Observation Tower to get a birds eye view of Beantown. I'm stoked!!

And spending time with loved ones is great and so important.  The puppies are spending their weekend at the Kennel in Oak Ridge, reluctantly, despite it being a very lovely place.  Maybe they'll feel differently by the time we pick them up Wednesday.

That said, I don't imagine I'll have a lot of time to journal while we're there, but who knows. I'll leave you with a few fun things to explore over the weekend, in case you don't have anything better planned, but if you do, well by all means, enjoy!! Love the ones you're with. 

So here's my list for you: 

1) Music (from my Daily Discovery...of course)




Just a few of my top picks...can it get any weirder?
I'm not sure, my BDP for today might qualify, but consider the source material... always.

2) BDP- October 8, 2026

I float around
Show up unannounced
Been a friend of going with the flow

What really matters? 
In the bigger, bigger picture?
If I were blonde, I'd just want to be more like them

Don't be afraid to be young and free
Love You 
Stay for awhile

Maybe I just get tired when I feel safe 

I can fix this after all
Break apart this wall
Kiss my petals 
Weave me through a dream 
All these simple things 
And much more 

I finally feel at peace
So come be happy with me
Truth is, I don't mind 
Spending half my time 
Searching for you 

Said it hurt too much 
But now you're standing here 
My friend you're in love again 
Must be nice to live inside your head 

Yes she feels the same.

3) A movie for you to review: 

It's a documentary really and staying within the theme of my Daily Discovery it's the first song on my list today, a song by Noah Kahan. 

Well, there's a documentary about him on Netflix.  It's raw, like me. He doesn't pretend. He doesn't hold back, as far as I can tell, he's pretty real. He's been in counseling and says so, just like me. 

He's scared of what success will mean for him. He knows his life will never be the same. What he doesn't know is if he can do it again, write that song.  Can he write when he's not depressed? Can I?

So watch the movie, all of it if you have time, and see what you think.  And speaking of counseling, I guess I am doing ok. My counselor cut me loose today.  I've got this.  I'm growing and I'm doing well... and I've got her email if things get really hard again.

And I told her that I have been working things out here on my blog, and thinking and complaining but learning and growing too.  So, I want to say "Thank You" for that. I'm sincerely appreciative.


And there you go, a weekend designed just for you, by me.  Have a great one! I certainly plan to. Live in the present moment. Suck that marrow out of the life you are in right now.  That's what I did when I was in Boston in '24. That's what I plan to do again. Now, for some parting gifts, I leave you with a couple of my favorite homages to the home of Fenway Park...

A reflection...

 "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life..." - HDT

And of course, one more song... (it's an earworm 🐛)


Hej så länge😉















Comments

Popular Posts