Kindness
“Love is always poor, and anything but tender and fair, as the many imagine him; and he is rough and squalid, and has no shoes, nor a house to dwell in.”
- Socrates
I have officially survived my first weekend of studio tours. It was incredibly easy and incredibly difficult, largely because no one came.
I sat in my studio alone for 4 hours each day, Saturday and Sunday, writing angry poetry and working on revamping my website. When in doubt, reinvent yourself, that's what I say, well, at least that's what I try to do.
The good news is, I actually sold a piece of art in the gallery show downtown. That made me happy and it made me smile. It gave me the validation I have been begging for for so long.
I am grateful. I am humbled. I am still carrying on and moving forward however I am able, embarrassingly so.
I heard the end of this song on the way to work this morning. I thought it was was a message for me. I thought it meant something, like all the songs that I hear do. My poems lie sometimes. I just write what I get. Sometimes there are not even any lyrics to the songs. That's when I have to use a lot of creative license.
It's a license to build up or tear down, I must choose. Only one path leads to peace...truth. Does Truth tear down or build up? What say you? Is truth love? What do you say?
Am I just an asshole? Probably...not. Only kindness matters in the end. Has that really ever been me? Yes. And no. It's a paradox. The end...so now the kindness matters. In God's eyes.
Get down on my knees. Child's pose and a request for peace. An olive branch. An outstretched hand asking your forgiveness. Kindly please. And thank you to my angel buyer. May you be blessed and blessed and blessed and blessed!
So it is.




Comments
Post a Comment