In the Heart of Winter I Have Memories of Summertime


♫♬♪♫Summertime-summertime-sum-sum-summertime, summertime-summertime-sum-sum-summertime-SUMMERTI-I-I-I-IME…Does anyone remember that ditty?  I found it buried in the recesses of my brain, a commercial from my childhood.  Lemonade? Fruit? No? Anyway...It's not your anticipated yuletide carol, but as promised, I will pay tribute to my summer, the summer of 2019.  Consider this our video Christmas card since I didn't get any paper cards in the mail this year. Where has the time gone? Christmas day has been here and passed. Where have the years gone? 2020 is just around the corner.

Friends and family, sweet memories, blessed and beautiful times... Great God, You dress the world of summertime and paint the sky with stars.  You write your story on our lives and guide the ways of all. Give us a wider sense of wonder, that we may unwrap the world like a gift, always thanking you for your goodness and living in love with our neighbor.

Father Creator of all, thank you for summer! Thank you for the warmth of the sun and increased daylight. Thank you for the beauty in all I see all around me and for the opportunity to be outside and feel the sun and enjoy your creation. Thank you for the longer days of light. Draw me closer to you this summer. Teach me how I can pray no matter where I am or what I am doing. Warm my soul with awareness of your presence and light my path with your word and counsel. As I enjoy your creation, create in me a pure heart and a hunger and thirst for you. Amen.

(From my book of prayers. I collected these prayers and have prayed them for so long.  I don't remember who the authors are, but I thank them and have been blessed by their words. May their words also be a blessing to you in these darkest days of winter. May they instill hope and anticipation of the warmth and light that will surely return. May they bring the comfort of Eternal Light that was born into this world, that which surrounds us this day and always.) Amen again.



Peace,
Ronda


Comments

Popular Posts