A Technological Threesome

Here I am. I'm working on my next blog post, because I am being faithful. I'm thinking about summertime and the living is easy. Songs, memories, smiling and reveling, relaxing into what it is I need to say. What it is I need to do.

So I start. I'm writing and getting the ideas flowing. Good. Now some pictures.  Where are they? On my phone? But I thought I shared them? I set up the new sharing features and downloaded the app and it said sharing.  But it also said I needed to do some updating.  On a new computer, updating?  I was in love with my new computer...I am feeling betrayed.

Last night I opened the box.  It emergerd into my world, that wonderful, delicate piece of technology, staring at me. Endless possibilities.  A blank slate.  Beautiful!  I hand it to my husband.  Set it up, I say.  He hands it back to me.  No words.  I moan.  No words.  Noooo, that's your job, I say.  PLEASE set it up, I say.  Do it FOR me, I say.  No words.  I roll my eyes.  I sigh.  I growl.  I huff.  I act like a 5 year old...it's painful. I keep going.  I'm delighted. I'm devastated. I'm confused. I don't quit.  I persevere. He makes me. I resist. My brain twists. I press on. I ache. I feel hope. I need help. I search. I succeed. I set up my computer. -  I SET UP MY COMPUTER! (CAPLOCKS JOY!!)

Yay!!!  I feel SO accomplished!  I feel so new!  I feel so capable! I love my computer!

 And then, I get bold. I get brave. I stay up late. I use my computer. I explore new features.  I think, Yes I Can!  I can be a friend of Technology and I will allow Technology to be my friend.  A good friend.  A faithful friend.  Then BAM!

A feature does not work and I am brazen now, almost cocky.  Ok, I think.  No problem.  CORTANA!  How do I fix this? Step 1...OK, I do it.  Step...Oh no, now I stepped in it. Already? Again?..  PSYCH, the computer says.  You should not be doing this! I KNOW! Your printer is experiencing a problem! Traitor! Not again!  Your computer won't shut down! I hate you!

Is this regret I feel? My husband holds out his hands. He takes the computer from me. Let me see it, he says.  OK.

Moments pass.  He is gentle.  He is composed. Restart.

"Here you go...It works."

"Thank you!" I say. " I love YOU!"

Comments

Popular Posts