Great Adventure - Managing Expectations

Epic. My word, my music for the day is Epic.  Epic win?  Epic fail? That remains to be seen.

What do you do when things don't go exactly according to your plan? Do you quit? Do you give up? Or do you push on, push through? Who do you trust? How do you trust?

Life seems to be giving me these little choice points over and over again these days.  Has anyone else been getting these too?

That's why some days my life really does feel like one big, epic movie.  Today I got the soundtrack to go with it. Thanks Tidal!

But honestly, it was a little scary.  It made me doubt myself.  Am I doing the right thing here, leaving home, heading 1200+ miles away with only my dog, my provisions and my prayers?

For what? To make a point? To take an action? No. I want to go to declare my freedom. I want to go because I can. 

But my car is in the shop and the clock is ticking. One of those days.  The rally is tomorrow at 5pm. Is this even possible? Time will tell. Sometimes things aren't always in our hands...or are they?

Questions. Questions. So many questions. 

Are our challenges here to hinder us or are they here to help us? What I believe...Everything is always working out for me. I am safe. I am protected. I am loved.

My car, my tires.  I'm getting new ones now. Not because that was on the list of things I wanted to do today, but because after an oil change, tire rotation and lunch with my son who works at the dealership, my car was driving funny, poorly on the way home. These tires wouldn't have made it 1200 miles.  These tires would have probably got me stranded in East Texas with my dog, my provisions and my prayers... and a call to AAA.  And who knows if I would have made it to the rally or not.  My odds are better now. Things are always working out for me. My movie has a happy ending. I hope.

I'll leave you with a couple of parting thoughts.  First, these final words from Dolores Cannon's New Earth section of her book, Three Waves of Volunteers which I just finished reading this morning.

"The train is leaving the station. It is taking us to a great adventure that has never been experienced on this scale before. It is up to each individual whether they get on board or remain standing on the platform. The volunteers who have fulfilled their purpose are ready to go "home." All aboard! And remember, you are never alone."

Second, "It's going to be Epic!"

Comments

Popular Posts