We're Having Babies!...Chicks!!!

It has been a busy day but I wanted to share our exciting news with everyone.  The eggs that we have been incubating for a few weeks are not just eggs anymore!!


This morning while I was gathering feed for our goats I paused for a moment when I heard the distinct sounds of "PEEP,PEEP, PEEP coming from inside the incubator!

 I peeked inside and saw two wet baby chicks that had safely emerged from their shells.  I quickly sat down the buckets of goat feed and ran inside the house to tell my husband that "WE HAVE BABIES!!!"  He jumped out of bed like a father who's wife has just gone into labor."  We both were so excited!

But, just as I realized that I had not packed my overnight bag for the hospital when my water broke and I went into labor with my son, I had not prepared the brooder boxes for the baby chicks to move into after we take them out of the incubator.  (I had it on my TO DO list yesterday, but...I thought they would not start coming until tomorrow.  But just like my beloved little boy, these two darlings were a little early in coming into the world.  Just too much fun stuff to do, I guess!!

In the end we got everything done to settle them into their next little nursery.  Both babies seem very happy and relaxed.  They perk up and run towards my voice every time I say "Hello Little Peeps!"  Very, very sweet!  Margeaux is very excited to meet them too!

There are more chicks to come, and THE REST OF THE STORY, as to how we came about incubating these eggs in the first place...but for now, enjoy the first pictures of our exciting and precious new additions to our home farm!






Peace,

Ronda  

Comments

Popular Posts