Beachward Bound

Well, the itinerary is falling into place and the first destination of my nationwide road trip is official, I'm heading to the National Seashore.  

My plan is to head out for a few days of beach camping after celebrating my birthday at home. Although I feel a longing in my soul for the majesty of the mountains, I also love the ocean and since it's summer and since I didn't get to the beach last summer, an inaugural solo trip to the semi-local National Seashore seems like a no-brainer.  

It also seems like a great way, a safe way, to test the efficacy of this whole solo camping around the world plan of mine.  Meaning, I can test things out close to home and see if this is really all I think it's cracked up to be.

After the beach trip I'll head back to home base to get reorganized before setting off to another local destination, a long time point of interest that for some reason in the twelve years I've been in North Carolina I have never been to see.  I'll repack and reprogram for a few days of mountain camping up around Pilot Mountain.

Trip three is the Asheville area. It's said that there are major energy vortexes in that area.  Probably explains why the Vanderbilts built their little summer mansion there.  And aside from the wilderness of the area, I would actually love to see the Biltmore and it's gardens and the Chihuly art experience that is there until January of 2025.

However, as with any true soul shifting Life adventure, an itinerary is only as good as the synchronicities that support it, ie., if something more aligned, more spontaneous, more meaningful comes along, you ride with it.

What doesn't change... taking the Scenic Route.  And as synchronicities would have it, my latest favorite band just posted a new video on YouTube last night.  I found it this morning and I share it with you now, whenever you might find it.


Some things change, some things stay the same, the life challenge is learning to tell the difference.  And me, well of course I believe that anything is possible.  I believe it's a heart thing, not a head thing.  I believe it's something I'm going to dive into more deeply once I get to the Seashore.

Comments

Popular Posts